Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Cocktails & Caviar

AUSTIN, TEXAS - Went to a conference in Austin last week and one of the evening activities was the exclusive use of the Bob Bullock Museum and IMAX Theatre for the conference attendees.


Fabulous food - not your run of the mill buffet, open bar - did I say open? - unlimited booze! I got me a martini glass of caviar and a Cape Cod (cranberry juice & vodka). Yummm!















Cool entertainment - the IMAX Theatre in the Museum showed Pulse a STOMP Odyssey and as their website says "...a worldwide odyssey to uncover the rhythms of disparate cultures from New York City to the American Southwest, Africa, South America, Asia and Europe." (No Philippines :( If you get a chance to see this show, do so! It gives you a perspective that regardless of race and culture, we are all the same human beings in this wonderful world!

Interesting museum - walking around the museum, one can see the pride of Texans in their State! [And that's all I'm going to say about that - after all I am darn proud of California! :]

Celebrity Sightings - The Conference was held at the Four Seasons Hotel and the Dalai Lama was there (he was giving a speech at the University of Texas) - talk about security! The Dalai Lama's security was conspicuous all over the hotel.

[Makes me wonder, I went to another conference at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas last June 2005 and President Clinton was the Keynote Speaker - I did not notice any of his security, they were inconspicuous - I guess that's why they're called Secret Service? LOL] Anyway...

Another sighting was Gwyneth Paltrow and her daughter Apple. I rode down the elevator with her and asked if that was Apple in the stroller and she was gracious, smiled and said "Yes."

Special Mention - Across from the Four Seasons Hotel is the Austin Convention Center where a a couple of thousand of Hurricane Katrina Evacuees were staying. I befriended two of them...meet Krissy and Anita! See the beautiful smiles? ..ah, for tomorrow is another day, while there is life, there is hope (cliche but it works :).

..